Berries and buckwheat yoghurt.
Updated: Apr 3, 2019
This breakfast is one that I crave when autumn brings the cooler days and bright skies, but it can be adapted to suit different seasons and your tastes depending on what you have to hand.
Ingredients (serves 1)
1 cup of raw buckwheat groats - soaked over night.
2 cups of frozen blueberries or berries of choice.
2 cups of peeled and chopped apple or pear.
1 cup plant based milk.
- Put the buckwheat groats into a sieve and rinse very well under cold water. Put the drained groats into a jug blender.
- place the berries and apple or pear into a small saucepan and add 1/4 cup water. Turn on the heat and simmer until the fruits are soft but not falling apart.
- Now pour half the fruit mixture and all of its liquid into the blender. Add half the milk. Blend.
- If the mix is too thick add a little more plant milk.
- Blend until you have a thick pouring consistency. Pour your desired amount into a bowl and top with the remaining fruit and other toppings you may want such as granola, other fruits, bee pollen, nuts etc.